SCANDINAVIA TRIP PART 1

SCANDINAVIA TRIP PART 1 


I just finished with the last paper of summer exam. Game theory  was too hard for me, well thats probably because I didn't study the last chapter of the module and apparently that one last chapter is the only topic that has never been asked in previous exam. I was so confident thinking that I'd be able to, well at least pass the exam without having to study that one topic. But the universe always have a way to screw my life. Haha okay done with exam.

From left (Hanan, Ara, Me, Faam and Syazleen)
Actually I'd like to share my experience of road trip in Norway after the exam period. Yes, Norway in summer is amazing. The main reason we choose Norway is to hike mountains like Kjeragbolten, Preikestolen and Trolltunga. Plus, we have an added advantage of longer daylight (warmer than winter yeah) and less raining during summer. 



Norway from above 
 Me was supposed to be at London Stansted Airport (Stansted) early in the morning, around 8am because the flight to Oslo would depart at 9am. I was already in London the day before, of which I stayed at one of my friend's house, Mazz (not a real name). Mazz has been working since first year as a cook at one of many Malaysian restaurants in London. Since it is summer holiday, all of his housemates (in which some of them are in penultimate year) were also travelling, so I am lucky enough to get a spare room. I have not been meeting Mazz for quite a long time, hence we had a quality time talking about everything that has been happening for the past three years. It is 3am in the morning and he excused himself because he was tired from working. Plus, he wanted to pray Fajr prayer which is really short during summer. 

I decided not to sleep and wait until it is 7am to get on the direct bus to Stansted. And here comes universe intervention. I accidentally slept at 6am and when I woke up it was already 7am sharp! I was  panicked and Mazz was still sleeping. I just get everything quickly and went out without saying goodbye to him. I was still positive at that time, having calculated the time needed to reach Stansted. I took the next bus without having to pay as the officer of National Express allowed me. My heart kept pounding because the next bus I was waiting was delayed. Everyone else also seems wary. So I guess we all share the same concern and I don't look too obvious with my anxiety. 

How many mini islands in Norway? 
Took the bus (praise the Lord!) and I arrived at the airport. My friend had already texted me QR code Ryanair ticket. They get into departure gate first. Everything seems fine until the moment I take out all liquid items (mainly toiletries) into transparent bag. While I was transferring those, I suddenly realise that my iPhone was not at my body, not on the table as well. I checked my bag pack four times. Nothing. No iPhone. Gone. I try to become calm. Most of it because I was lack of sleep so I cant really feel a thing. The first thing that crossed my mind was that I must go to Norway no matter what. Not being able to contact anyone, I went to the Ryanair counter and asked the officer there to print me flight ticket for free (Mind you, I was supposed to be charged for printing it on the counter). Well at first the staff felt reluctant because it is against their policy but I told them the situation I was facing. With empathy and humanity that he has, he printed it for free. I was extremely happy and relieved as everyone also was helpful when they gave me to pass through security line without having to queue. Reaching my terminal, I saw my friends and they were all relieved that their driver was able to make it haha. 

Thank God, for every challenge that I face, with perseverance and high determination, we will pass all of them. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MARA KETENGAH International College

MENGENALI PIHAK BERKUASA TEMPATAN (PBT)

UCAS Personal Statement